Apologists for capitalism argue that it is the best, most-efficient system that could ever possibly exist. But the current period of crisis and chaos prove otherwise. Today, the COVID-19 pandemic has triggered an economic collapse that threatens to throw society back to the 1930s, sending the world into a full-blown depression. Clearly, something is rotten at the heart of the system. The advocates of Keynesian ideas - or modern varieties like Modern Monetary Theory - cannot provide a real solution to this crisis. In his talk from this year's International Marxist University, Adam Booth, a leading activist of Socialist Appeal, explains why capitalism has failed, and what the way forward is for humanity.
- Why has capitalism failed? 24 Nov 2020
- Will there be a boom? 17 Nov 2020
- IMF warns of global debt catastrophe 14 Oct 2020
- The FinCEN leaks and the corruption of capitalism 30 Sep 2020
- Oxfam reveals how bloodsucking billionaires have profited from the pandemic 23 Sep 2020