Marxism defends the unity of peoples across all gender and sexual lines in the fight against the oppressive capitalist system. But Queer Theory holds that our gender and sexual identities are a fiction produced by discourses and oppressive power in society: a learned performance. What does this idea mean for the liberation struggle? Is Queer Theory compatible with Marxism? In this talk, recorded at this year's International Marxist University, Yola Kipcak from Der Funke (Austrian section of the IMT) tackles these issues and explains the position of Marxists towards Queer Theory and the struggle against oppression.
Join the International Marxist Tendency and help build a revolutionary organisation to participate in the struggle for socialism worldwide!
In order to join fill in this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Introduction to The History of Philosophy: A Marxist Perspective by Alan Woods 14 Sep 2021
- Keynes: capitalism's utopian and impotent oracle of doom 3 Sep 2021
- In Memory of Leon Trotsky 20 Aug 2021
- World Perspectives 2021: a global epoch of revolution is being prepared 30 Jul 2021
- Britain: Marxism, the Labour Party and the witch-hunt 23 Jul 2021